Miyerkules, Marso 28, 2012

Destiny at 2011

 Destiny at 2011 - by Eugene Lacson Camillo ( Former Editor in Chief of Campus Quill)

Being a Campus Quill staffer was the greatest thing that happened in my student life, and this publication has become my second family and the cradle of my creative beginnings.
When I entered Campus Quill, I was so stubborn and indifferent to the point that my superior had to resort to “special measures” to fix my problematic character. In a way, the Campus Quill has been my teacher for the past two years. It has forced me to recognize my flaws and eventually correct them through the guidance of the people in the organization. Aside from chronicling events and expressing myself through writing, the “CQ” has taught me to think and feel deeply. Through “CQ”, I learned to sacrifice and to look things in a beautiful way. Most of all, “CQ” has taught me to love.


The “CQ” molded me into who I am today. I can’t imagine what my life would be without being part of this family. Beyond my articles that graced the pages of the Campus Quill, I found happiness, lifetime friendships and a home.


Despite my petty quarrels and literally sleepless presswork nights, the “CQ” still has a magical way of changing each staffer’s life for the better. It’s in this office, where I was both hated and loved. No longer the wide-eyed adolescent I was when I entered this publication, but as I leave the portals of this institution, I broke the chains that bound me. The appreciation I earned for my articles has given me the chance to etch my name in the four nook of this institution. I am proud to say that I am MQAPCian, but I am prouder to be part of the Campus Quill.


I would like to thank, Dr. Elena D. Cuvin Ph.d, Mr. Gerard Gaza, and Mrs. Yolly delos Santos; you were the pillars of my holistic MQAPCian formation. I would not be the Eugene Lacson Camillo that I am today if not for the guidance, assistance and opportunity you have given me; perhaps, I would still be drifting in the illusions of my dreams. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!


To my greatest mentor, and mother in the Campus Quill, Miss Erlinda Regania, the lectures, reprimands, are the lessons you taught me, will always keep in my mind to guide me in my future endeavor. You’ve been a mother to me, I am lucky to have met a brilliant woman like you. It is you, Ma’am Regania, who kept me, grounded and inspired me to strive for excellence. Thank you for guiding me and Lester in the right direction and for teaching me to always find something new in the same old thing. You will be forever in my heart.


To my guardian, Mommy Carmelita and to my sister and brother, Ate Jenny and Mark Jeniel, you are my guiding light in my chosen path. You taught me independence. Sorry for all my shortcomings. Thank you for all the support and love.


To my classmates from BSE 2-B, I am thankful for your company. You served as one of my breathers during my very hectic love affair with the Campus Quill.


To my beloved and versatile “CQ” section editors, Jellyn, Loiue and Marvin, I am the proudest Chief Editor because despite my shortcomings were still managed to produce timeless “CQ” supplement. As I’ve discovered untouched dimension of MQAPC and relentlessly shared these with you last year, keep in mind that there is so much to be unlocked.


To the new batch of Publication writers, a wide array of stories were left untold and it is up to you to capture those articles with I am passing on to you, my legacy-my Fresh Ink, which are now yours for the keeping. For me, we are now the timeless MQAPCian’s writer! Though your articles, you have the power and skill to ignite the MQAPCian’s pride – and without a doubt, I know you’ll be able to surpass my expectations. Leave them speechless this publication year.


All things may have gone but only memories shall remain. Being an MQAPCian and Campus Quill staffer made me who I am today. With infinite pride, I will remain loyal to MQAPC, an institution that chiseled my character with discipline and inculcated utmost faith in my heart. Being part of MQAPC and Campus Quill is not merely a chance, but a destiny. This is Eugene Lacson Camillo and it has been my pleasure to show you what my FRESH INK has written. Without MQAPC, I am nothing and without Campus Quill, I am not Eugene Lacson Camillo! This mantra will always be forever in my heart. MInsang “CQ”, Mananatiling “CQ”.
Eugene lacson Camillo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento