Miyerkules, Marso 28, 2012

WRITER SPEAKS FROM THE HEART

WRITER SPEAKS FROM THE HEART
by Eugene Lacson Camillo - Editor in Chief of the Campus Quill

July 15, 2009, I officially became a Campus Quill staffer. And all this time, I thought the only requirement was to write stories and pass them on time, which at first was a feat failed as a Literary Editor.

It was a slow start until I became a Chief Editor. There flourished the words in me that I could only write in my dreams, stories that I wished to be immortalized by own words and experience.

By the time I finished with the esteemed student publication, I was sapped of my energy to maintain my composure as a writer and staffer. But then I realized that I was enjoying every day working in the Campus Quill. It gave me a sense of purpose and taught me to be responsible.

I shed my former self. I left behind my laziness and built my self-esteem. I finally become my natural self and I found my closest friends in the publication.

And here I am, saying these things not for the sake of telling people that life in the Campus Quill is quite simple. The words that I deliver to you, my fellow MQAPCian’s is chunk of my experiences working in this organization. I could already admit that Campus Quill is a classroom full of workhorses who strive to do their best without pulling the constituents back to the stable.

The grit and grind attitude that I, along with my fellow editors, have adopted opened my eyes to what we should be doing as individuals, which is to do our best while instilling in ourselves the value of competence, compassion, and commitment.

At the very end of dark tunnel, there is light that beckons a new beginning. My mission to give light to the darkest crevices of that tunnel would not have been meaningful and enjoyable without my companions of the pen.

To my erudite mentor, Miss Erlinda Regania, the sources of our staunch religiosity and honesty in reporting, thank you for the many tasks you have beset upon me for the past two years. I shall never forget the snippet of knowledge you have shared with me.

To Jellyn, Louie, Marvin, Mervin and Jenny, my fellow staffer, I give you thanks for being with me. I am deeply sorry for not being of good help when you needed it the most. My friendship with you will sorely missed. May you realized that your presence have already shaped my attitudes and helped me mature in the process. Thank you for the small tasks that made big impacts on my life.

To Louie, the person I considered adopting as my brother, it is with joy that I thank you for being my partner in problem-sharing and how we solve each other’s problem. The world is a big place. Tread carefully, Louie.

Of whom I gave my all-my personal time, laughter, tears and my heart- there is no other that I would give my greatest gratitude but to my beloved guardian and sister, who has also given me time to prove myself. Do not let the words bully you to hide within your silent heart for if you hold my hand, you can never falter in finding what matters most to you.

Here I stand on a Pag-asa Street, ready to begin another life outside the Room 143 of the Campus Quill Office.

There will be great things ahead of me, but I will not forget that my mortality will force me to look back and see the things that I have done. And I will never forget what transpired in that room for one year. Until I enter my grave in old age. I will never forget that I was a “CQ” staffer, and always will be.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento